Why aluminium is the sustainable choice for future sign projects
In the world of signage, every detail matters. From the message it conveys to the materials used in its construction, a sign is the face of a business or organization, making a lasting impression on passers-by. One material that is integral to the sign industry is aluminium. Lightweight, durable, and endlessly versatile, aluminium has become the go-to choice for those who seek excellence in their signage. In this blog post, we'll explore why people should use aluminium in the sign industry and discover the remarkable advantages that make it stand out.
1. Durability Beyond Compare: Aluminium is renowned for its exceptional durability. Unlike materials like wood or plastic, aluminium signs are highly resistant to corrosion, rust, and degradation from UV rays. This longevity ensures that your signs will remain vibrant and eye-catching for years to come, regardless of the weather conditions they face.
2. Lightweight, Easy to Install: Aluminium's lightweight nature makes it a breeze to handle and install. Whether you're mounting a sign on a storefront, affixing it to a pole, or even creating intricate, custom shapes, the ease of working with aluminium is a significant advantage. This lightweight characteristic also translates into lower shipping costs and reduced strain on support structures.
3. Versatility Unleashed: From basic directional signs to elaborate and creative displays, aluminium offers endless possibilities. Its malleability allows for the creation of intricate designs and custom shapes, while its adaptability means it can be used both indoors and outdoors. Whether you're going for a sleek modern look or a classic, timeless appearance, aluminium can deliver the aesthetics you desire.
4. Eco-Friendly Signage: In an era when sustainability is a growing concern, aluminium stands out as an eco-friendly choice. It is 100% recyclable, making it an environmentally responsible option for businesses and organizations looking to reduce their carbon footprint. Plus, its durability means fewer replacements are needed, further reducing waste.
5. Cost-Effective Investment: While aluminium may be associated with high-quality, long-lasting signage, it also offers cost savings in the long run. Its minimal maintenance requirements and resistance to wear and tear mean fewer repairs and replacements over time. This translates to a lower total cost of ownership compared to many other sign materials.
6.Ultra-Low Carbon: The history of aluminium production has not always been environmentally friendly. However, to date nearly *75% of aluminium ever produced is still in circulation today. This is due to the limitless recyclability of aluminium. Pairing recycled aluminium with renewable energy has made ground breaking improvements to the CO2 produced when creating aluminium extrusions and sheet. This can bring the CO2 produced from the world average of 16.1kg per 1 .0kg of aluminium, to as low as 3.0 kg per 1.0 kg of aluminium.
In conclusion, the advantages of using aluminium in the sign industry are undeniable. Its durability, lightweight properties, versatility, eco-friendliness, cost-effectiveness, and brand-enhancing capabilities make it the material of choice for businesses and organizations looking to create signage that truly stands out. Stay tuned for our upcoming posts, where we'll delve deeper into the various applications and creative possibilities that aluminium offers in the world of signage. Aluminium is more than just a material; it's the key to making your message shine.
*data taken from The aluminium association https://www.aluminum.org/Recycling