Terms & Conditions
SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES
Terms and Conditions of Sale
- All statements, technical information and recommendations, either verbally or written herein are based on test we believe to be reliable, and the following is made in lieu of all warranties, expressed or implied including the implied warranty of merchantable quality and fitness for purpose: the only obligation of SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES or the manufacturer shall be to replace such quantity of the product that has proved to be defective by test or measurement. Before using, the user shall determine by test or measurement, the suitability of the product for its intended purpose, and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith. Neither SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES or manufacturer shall be liable either in tort or in contract for any loss or damage, direct, incidental or consequential, arising out of the use of, or the inability to use any of the products sold or manufactured by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES.
- In providing any logos, designs, artwork etc., to SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES, the buyer confirms that they are legally entitled to use such logos, designs, artwork etc., and that the buyer grants SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES all necessary licenses, rights and / or title as may be required to complete the work to be undertaken by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES in relation to such logos, designs, artwork etc,. If such licenses, rights and / or title are contested, the buyer will bear all costs in relation to any legal fees and or levies incurred by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES. Custom artwork is charged on a time spent basis at our hourly rate. All custom design, vector files etc, produced by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES remains the property of SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES until payment for such custom design, vector files etc., has been received by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES. Whilst SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES tries to ensure accuracy in all of the artwork produced, SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES shall not be responsible for any typographical errors, spelling mistakes or other inaccuracies. It is the sole responsibility of the buyer for checking by proofing for any omissions or other defects in any logos, designs, artwork etc., provided by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES, and that the buyer has satisfied themselves as to the accuracy and suitability of such logos, designs, artwork etc,. SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES will not be responsible for any printing or design errors where the printing or designs are submitted as ‘camera ready’ electronic files, nor where such files have been corrupted in transmission. SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES shall not be held liable for delays caused by the buyers change requests.
- Goods or material supplied by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES shall be at the buyers risk immediately upon delivery, or on being taken by the buyer or his agent, or into custody on the buyer’s behalf, whichever is the sooner. All goods and materials must be inspected upon delivery and signed for. Any claims for damages and / or short delivery must be reported to SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES within 24 hours of delivery or collection. No claim will be entertained outside this time limit.
- Whilst every effort is made to meet any delivery or collection requirements, SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES shall not be liable for any loss or damage consequential or otherwise arising through failure to meet such requirements.
- A ‘Fixed Price’ quote, accompanied by a quote reference, will be valid for seven (7) days. All prices that have been agreed by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES, shall be subject to any alteration in price as is levied by the manufacturer, and the price payable by the buyer shall be the ruling price at the date of dispatch of each and every delivery and sold subject to the addition of V.A.T. Prices shown in the price guide or leaflets are subject to revision without notice.
- Any goods or material especially ordered by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES for the buyer will not be returnable for credit. Standard stock items cannot be returned without prior agreement, and quoting original invoice number, and will be subject to a 15% checking and restocking charge,
- Whenever possible we will supply orders for a single colour of signmakers material in the longest continuous length available. However, sometimes it will be necessary to supply in two lengths.
- All invoices are strictly cash on delivery or collection, unless approved credit status has been granted. Where a credit account has been granted, payment is required by the 20th day of the month following date of invoice. Payment must be made On-Line or by Card. Cheques are not accepted. If a cheque is tendered for payment a £5 transaction charge per cheque will be charged. SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES reserves the right to charge the statuary rate of interest on all overdue accounts, charged monthly, and to withhold any deliveries which are due until payments are within the terms of trading. SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES reserves the right to withdraw credit status for any reason at any time and any monies due will be payable forthwith. Any Buyer jointly and severely, who declares a position of insolvency will have deemed to have signed a personal deed of Indemnity, jointly and severely.
- Property in or title to goods and materials supplied by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES shall not pass to the buyer until all monies due and owing from the buyer to SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES on any account or invoice have been paid for in full, and cheques cleared. All monies received by the buyer from its purchaser of the goods or materials supplied by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES (whether sold in the same condition in which they were supplied by SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES or incorporated into the products of the buyer) shall be held by the buyer in trust for SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES. The buyer hereby authorises SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES or their agents to enter upon any of the premises of the buyer for the purpose of repossessing any of the goods or materials supplied under any contract and in respect whereof the property therein has not passed to the buyer. SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES will levy a charge for any cheque issued by the buyer which is dishonoured or returned by the bank for any reason. Title to the goods will revert to SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES, and shall not pass to the buyer until settlement is made.
- All orders or invoices with a net value of under £35.00 will have a small order charge added. Minimum invoice value will be £10 net. For deliveries in our van area, orders under £150.00 net will be levied a nominal delivery charge. All other orders under £200.00 will be levied a delivery charge ruling at time of despatch of order.
- SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES only accept business on these Terms and Conditions, and the placing of an order signifies full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by the buyer.
SIGN TRADE SUPPLIES / ISSUE 1/ 1st May 2014